An integral factor in accomplishing value creation is the extensive role KRG looks to play post-investment. KRG believes its “customer-centric” investment focus and in-depth processes for implementing strategic, organizational and operational improvements provide company owners and management teams with the tools and support necessary to execute and accelerate a company’s strategic growth plan. Resources and support provided by KRG typically include
- Active acquisition integration, beginning before a transaction closes and monitored through completion of key milestones based on a formalized 100 Day Action Plan between management and KRG to ensure priorities and responsibilities are identified and in alignment
- Introduction of process changes and initiatives to drive the top line, reduce costs, improve marketing strategies, broaden sales distribution channels or manage data more strategically
- Facilitating in-depth strategic planning sessions, jointly developed with management to create a “shared vision” for building the company
- Providing extensive support in solving operational challenges and capitalizing on operational opportunities
- Significant engagement with third party service providers, including lenders and legal counsel to relieve senior management from some of the day-to-day burdens resulting from the transaction
- Dynamic involvement in establishing of roles, responsibilities and recruiting “C” level executive management
Although KRG is typically not involved in day-to-day operations of its portfolio companies, KRG professionals are regularly communicating and interacting with management teams on jointly agreed upon operational and process improvement value creation initiatives, including integration planning and execution. This “hands-on” portfolio management approach is designed to provide management with the tools necessary to build a more profitable and valuable enterprise that commands a premium price when sold.